Business Analyst, Trading and Portfolio Management (Front Office)
Typical hours are 8-5 daily on site at Royal Bank Plaza – Bay / Wellington Sts. Toronto.
Salary : 90k to 100k base Plus 20% bonus
This role supports trading and portfolio management specializing in derivatives . Focus is front office systems. Will work with all capital markets investment classes and products. Must have derivatives products/trading knowledge. First project will be working on new Derivatives system implementation.
SCOPE OF POSITION
Primarily responsible for providing business systems analysis, development & maintenance support for investment operational applications – trading and portfolio management (front office systems) systems.
The role helps define business specifications for developing solutions & integration, develops test plans, upgrades applications, develops reporting and troubleshoots data issues. The role requires an excellent understanding of Investment business processes and experience maintaining & supporting investment applications combined with excellent project work skills, including documentation, testing and implementation. The position requires strong analytical skills coupled with investment operations knowledge (front, mid & back office) and systems implementation and application maintenance experience. It requires strong interpersonal, organizational and project management skills combined with the ability to readily adapt to rapidly changing investment and technology environments.
- Acquires detailed knowledge of the business uses of the applications and services (in both Investment Front Office and Investment Operations context) currently implemented in support of the Investment Division and provides proactive application support to individual users to assist in meeting business program objectives.
- Provides senior business system analysis support in approved projects with respect to the identification of automation opportunities, assistance in workflow design development, and testing new solutions and systems.
- Assumes responsibilities in project activities including the definition of business requirements and workflow streams, design and implementation of system interfaces, testing, documentation, upgrades of investment applications, data conversions and reconciliations.
- Provides support to users in the development of new reports and in the resolution of reporting and other data issues.
- Provides problem solving, troubleshooting of issues and consulting support for newly implemented investment system functions.
- Leads various facets of project execution and ensures qualitative results.
- Assumes responsibilities in developing test cases, implementation plans, defining workflow solutions, controls, standards and naming conventions within applications.
- Develops user manuals, application documentation and application training programs.
- Provides presentations and training to end users.
- Develops effective working relationships with investment management and operations groups, custodian, auditors, systems vendors and others in the industry.
- Works cross-functionally with other Business and Business Applications Analysts within the group, as appropriate to facilitate the roll-out and ongoing support of major application additions, enhancements and upgrades for Investment Division users.
- Liaises with application vendors, other Investment application staff, as appropriate to plan for and facilitate the installation and configuration of new or upgraded application systems provided by external parties.
- Experience in Investment/Capital Markets business operations with thorough understanding of trading and portfolio accounting, front office trading applications.
- A minimum of 5 -7 years experience as a Business/ Systems Analyst with exposure in relevant investment systems implementation activities. Front Office investment applications including trading, portfolio management & analytics tools on various platforms. Derivatives experience is a must.
- Demonstrated project skills and experience in phases of system development life cycle.
- Experience in defining, implementing, and supporting investment business solutions.
- Experience with developing integration between investment applications and development of data feed interfaces.
- Basic experience with ODBC report writers such as Crystal, Access etc. with emphasis on SQL for any RDBMS. Experience with SQL queries.
- Working knowledge of MS Office including excel spreadsheets with real time links and access databases.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to foster effective team dynamics.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to facilitate the implementation of application systems to meet business objectives.
- Ability to multi-task effectively in fast-paced, multiple project environments.
- University degree in Computer Science & Mathematics, Commerce & Finance, or equivalent industry-related business experience; completion of Canadian Securities Course an asset.
- Completion or enrolment in CGA, CMA or CFA preferred. Completion of Canadian Securities Course an asset.