Location: Richmond Hill
Position: Permanent Full time
Client is hiring at all levels from Junior to Senior Developers
Fulltime roles: 65k to 95k base
You will be exposed to a wide range of development responsibilities, on a product with thousands of customers, and used by millions. We have been in business since 2004 and deeply understand the importance of staying modern, and utilizing cutting edge technologies.
We are currently looking for high potential senior level Java Engineers to grow with our product development team.
You will be:
– Playing a crucial role in the development of our core platform.
– Working in an Agile setting.
– Adhering to widely recognized (but often not implemented) development best practices. Team follows an agile software development methodology.
– Encouraged to innovate and bring unique solutions to world-class challenges.
– Mastering your craft in a culture of learning.
– Given purpose and responsibility by working on mission critical systems handling sensitive data and millions of transactions.
– Growing with a company through it’s biggest year ever, with plenty of upward mobility.
– Learning from world-class industry and technical subject matter experts.
– Challenging technical decision making and bringing fresh solutions to the table.
– Enjoying a work-life balance, uncharacteristic of today’s technology sector.
– Joining a post-startup stage organization, just as things are getting interesting.
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
Some of the key job requirements for this position include:
• B.S. Degree, Comp. Sci/Software Engineering from a recognized University
• Strong knowledge of OOP principles
• Demonstrate strong understanding of databases, SQL, stored procedures, etc. (working experience with Oracle is a plus)
• Experience working on an agile development team
• Experience mentoring junior developers is a plus
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• 3-5 years experience
• Hands-on experience developing enterprise software and web applications in Java
You have experience utilizing:
• Working on Java Web Applications using J2EE/J2SE
• Servlets, Struts is a plus
• Tomcat 6.x or higher
• Database experience is a must, using Oracle and PL/SQL is a plus
• Working knowledge of LINUX/UNIX
• Knowledge of Freemarker Template engine is a plus
• .NET experience is a plus
• Version control system experience
• Other languages are a plus